Limited June Reopening and Important Updates
20 May 2020
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the some of the new infection control procedures we will follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe from Covid-19. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the Canadian Dental Association (CDA), the BC College of Dental Surgeons (BCCDS), the BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) and the Worksafe BC. We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
We are working hard to implement all the new measures and source the required safety equipment for our staff. We have therefore decided to delay the re-opening of the office till the first week of June and will limit the opening for urgent treatment only until we receive guidance to start preventative treatment (cleanings/yearly checkups).
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
• Our office will communicate with you a day before your appointment to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
• We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
• You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
• Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
• We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
• The staff will be wearing face shields, isolation gowns, and head caps.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. We will call you to make appointments. Until then please call us at (604) 684-5351 or email us if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbours and friends.
Dr. Eric Bussieres, Camille, May, Jacqueline, Jocelyn and Benoit